For people wishing to control traffic on public and private roads, this is the traffic control course is for you. Learn to use the stop-slow bat and implement a traffic management plan while ensuring traffic flow is maintained and the safety of the public and workers is minimised. This is ideal knowledge and skills for the protection of construction sites, workers and the general public.
This course is held over 2 days, day 1 is theory, day 2 is practical. Classes are on a Saturday and a Friday.
Traffic Control Course – Units Covered:
- RIIWHS205D Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
During this theory course you will cover many areas such as, but not limited to:
- Site and equipment safety requirements
- Traffic management plans
- Traffic control signage and barricades
- Basic signalling
- Signs and devices
- Radio operations
- State and territory traffic management legislation
- Potential hazards
- Equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations
- Site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities
- Effects of travel speed and vehicle mass on stopping distances
- JSAs/Safe work method statement
2 x 6 hour face to face session (1 per week)
$350 in total
Refresher training involves attending only theory session of our 2 day traffic course. Prior to starting the course, you will need to supply your current traffic control card to our head office, so we can confirm refresher training is the most appropriate option for you.
Those participating in refresher training must still complete the practical assessment, however this can be completing in your own workplace. Your employer and supervisor must sign off on 3 traffic management plans you have implemented at your workplace. MCFE will then contact your employer to verify details.
Once you have enrolled in the course, the practical assessment will be emailed to you so you can complete it prior to attending the theory session.
1 x 6 hour face to face session
$160 in total